Chap 3 (Continued) P2 (e) 10 Don't during media interview: (1) Be a…
Chap 3 (Continued) P2
e) 10 Don't during media interview:
1) Be a wimp（糊涂）.
2) Guess / speculate（推测）Either you know or you don't
3) Get overly upset being quoted out of context.
4) Play favorites with media,
5) Pull advertising from newspaper.
6) Consider your news release "precious".
7) Stick to a story if it had been changed.
8) Trapped into predicting the future.
9) Wear sunglasses, chew gum.
d) 10 do's during media interview:
1) Listen to whole question before answering.
2) Use everyday language (not jargon of business, profession) unless dealing with a professional publication.
3) Maintain positive attitude.
4) Understand reporter's job, respect deadlines and return phone calls promptly.
5) Be accessible and pleasant（亲切）.
6) Try to treat reporter as a partner/ ally in maintaining / restoring company's good image.
7) Tell the truth, Do not be misleading, lying to media.
8) Look reporter in the eye. Address each reporter by name if possible.
9) Use your crisis communication plan.
10) Keep your employee informed of the crisis, as they may be the volunteer spokespersons.