Managing for inclusion: equality and workplace diversity (social dilemmas…
- Australian population, third highest in the world. - Overseas born residents contribute to more than 50% of population growth.
- Increasing labour force participation of women.
- Increase in dual earner households with dependent children, single parent households, and the sandwich generation.
- Embracing the LGBT community
- Anti discrimination, equal opportunity, and affirmative action legislation in Australia.
- Increasing diversity of consumers due to globalisation.
- Attracting the right kind of talent and retaining such talent.
- Not about merely meeting legal or moral obligations, but embedding the process in business strategy.
- More than managing cultural diversity, a necessary precondition for continuous innovation.