Chap 3 (Topic 4) (5 Stages of the Consumer-Decision Making Process) (1)…
Chap 3 (Topic 4) (5 Stages of the Consumer-Decision Making Process)
1) Problem Recognition (6 sources)
3) New needs/ Wants
Changes in live= New / Different needs and wants.
4) Related Products/ Purchases
Stimulated by the purchase of a product.
When customers are not satisfied with the current stage of the product.
Marketers' actions that encourages consumers not to be content (满意) with their current state/ situation.
1) Out of Stock
When consumers used up their existing supply.
Need to replenish their stock.
6) New Products
When innovative(创新的） products are introduced. And brought the attention of customers.
2) Information Search
Consumers search for information before making purchase decision.
Information that's exist in your mind, memory, recall past experiences
If internal search does not work, then...
4 other types of solution.
2) Marketer-controlled (commercial) sources: Advertisements
3) Public sources: Articles in magazines/ newspaper, reports on TV.
1) Personal sources: Friends, relatives, co-workers.
4) Personal Experiences: Actually handling, examining, testing the product.
3) Alternative Evaluation
5) Postpurchase Evaluation
4) Purchase Decision
* Characteristics of Problem Recognition Stages
Caused by a difference between the consumer's ideal state and actual state.
What they want and what they can get.
A Discrepancy (矛盾) exists between what consumer wants the situation to be like（如果有了。。。会怎么样） and what the situation is really like（回到现实）.
Occurs when consumers perceives(察觉/ 意识到） a need and becomes motivated to solve the problem.
Causes of problem recognition can be either very simple/ complex. May results from changes in consumer's current / desired state.