Chap 2: Role of IMC in Marketing Process (Segmentation) (c) 7 Types of…
Chap 2: Role of IMC in Marketing Process
a)4 Stages of Target Market Selection:
2) Determining Market Segmentation
3) Selecting a Market to Target
1) Identifying Markets with Unfulfilled Needs
4) Positioning through Marketing Strategies
b) 5 Distinct(明显/独特) steps of Market Segmentation:
3) Developing a market product network to relate the market segments to the firm's products or actions.
4) Selecting the target segments toward which the firm directs its marketing actions.
2) Finding ways to group the marketing actions - Usually the products - Available for the organization.
5) Taking marketing actions to reach target segments.
1) Finding ways to group different consumers according to their needs.
c) 7 Types of Market Segmentation by Consumer Groups:
2) Psychographics（心理）8 type of people
Identifies using demographic, geographic and psychographic information.
Gender, age, Education, Income, Ethnic, Generation
7) Usage （习惯）
Dividing according to their usage/ loyalties/ buying responses to a product.
Activities, Interests, Opinion(AIO)
8 TYPES of People: According to VALS typology
4) Experiencers有经验的= Young/ Impulsive(冲动的） customers
5) Believers= Conventional(传统的） Customer
3) Achievers= Goal Oriented
6) Strivers（奋斗者） = Trendy, fun-loving customers.
2) Thinkers= Educated, conservative, practical consumer
7) Makers= Self-sufficient consumer.
1) Innovators (创新者/革新消费者）= successful, sophisticated（复杂的）
8) Survivors= Concerned with safety and security