Chap 2 (Role of IMC in Marketing Process) (Market Positioning) (d) 7…
Chap 2 (Role of IMC in Marketing Process) (Market Positioning)
a) Market Positioning?
"Art of fitting the product or service to one/ more segments of the broad market, so that it had
meaningfully apart from others competitor.
A perception created in the consumer's mind
b) 5 ways to position your goods and services:
3) Method of Distribution
1) Quality of the product
c) 6 basic questions to ask before Developing a positioning Strategy
3) What companies must be outgunned( 注意/ 强过） if we are to establish that position?
4) Do we have enough marketing money to occupy and hold the position?
2) What position do we want to own?
5) Do we have the guts to stick with one consistent positioning strategy.
1) What position, if any, do we already have in the prospect's(未来/ 长远的/ 预期） mind?
6) Do you include or are you willing to offer the additional items or services that customers need to complete your solution?
d) 7 Approaches to Positioning:
4) Price Quality Relationship
Offering lowest prices as possible/ discount/ other promotion method.
5) Product User
Know who is your target users.
3) Use of Applications
Consider and differentiate the uses and purpose of the products.
6) Product Class
Can based on the type of product it is related to.
Observe the competitor and take action.
7) Cultural Symbol
Use cultural symbol to differentiate your products from other company.
Product characteristics that makes the brand unique from other brands.