• Market research is a specialized skill that requires clear focus and an
• Market research can be time-consuming and costly, so developing your own
skills at it may be a wise investment.
• Market researchers should address fundamental demographic questions, as well
as many other topics that become relevant in international campaigns.
• There are many useful and often free research resources, including those
provided by government agencies, mass media news sources, public relations
wire services, and commercial research companies.
• To avoid overwhelming data overload, it may be useful to quickly browse various
research resources for the sorts of information they provide and then return later
for a more thorough investigation.
• Data should be judiciously and carefully woven into the marketing plan, providing
necessary detail while not inundating the reader.