Characteristics of Technology Integration model (SAMR (The models uses the…
Characteristics of Technology Integration model
The models uses the level of Blooms Taxonomy: it has a clear set of steps which help introduce technology to students
students substitute common learning practices with technology Blooms: Remembering
A great example I found at:
is the following:
word replaces pen and paper when writing an assignment
adding an additional component to the document like a picture or video
students share the document in which other students can view it and make revision on it
: instead of writing the assignment they use a different media to present the assignment
: technology substitute common learning practices with technology explicitly to improve learning Blooms: apply and understand
SAMR- is a technique used to go from one level of technology to another. S- substitution, A-augmentation, M-modification, R-redefinition.
students use technology to improve assignment using collaboration from other students Blooms: Analyze
: students use technology for assignments to increase learning Blooms: create and evaluate
- is the knowledge teachers have on the content they teach. Includes knowledge of theories and ideas.
- is the knowledge about the process and practices of teaching. The educational process, understanding how students learn, classroom management, lesson planning and assessments.
TPACK- is considered a self evaluation tool for educators to analyze their lessons to see if lesson consists of all components of the TPACK model: Technological knowledge
- is the knowledge of how to use technology in the classroom and applying all technology tools. Some skills are: being able to recognize when is the best time to use technology
able to adapt to technology changes
understanding information technology
in order to have a great lesson all three concepts need to be reached. It is effective teaching with technology, understanding the concepts of teaching and an understanding of the concept being taught. Having knowledge of how technologies can improve student learning.
Five levels of technology
- teacher delivers lesson with technology
- teacher directs students how to use technology
teacher facilitates students on how to explore the technology
the teacher gives the assignment and students choose the technology they want to use
- teacher reinforces the desire to use technology in learning encouraging students to utilize it in everyday assignments.
It includes best common practices, planning tools. It consists of a matrix that illustrates how teachers can incorporate technology in the classroom for k-12 students.
Five levels of the learning environment
students are engaged while using technology
students are working in groups in order to increase socializing skills
: students use technology to reinforce prior knowledge
students use technology to learn from the beyond the classroom to increase learning
students use technology to set goals, monitor progress and evaluate and analyze results
TIM-Technology Integration Matrix: integrates 5 attributes of the learning environments: active, collaborative, constructive, authentic, and goal directed. Integrates 5 levels of technology integration entry, adoption, adaptation, infusion and transformation. The following is the link to the matrix which consists of lesson plan ideas and suggestions.
The matrix incorporates a similar pattern to Blooms Taxonomy the further down and to the right the more complex the learning environment.
The attached image illustrates some of the common technologies and APPs teachers can use during lessons using the HACK model.
release control to students-gradual release- the link attached contains the HACK concept model which is how HACK is represented
- only one technology type used assigned by teacher-very controlled, guided instruction
-students are given a list of allowed technologies they may use-still controlled but some choice allowed-two or more step learning
- use technology as a necessity more complex technology students are in full control of their learning. -more choices available for their learning
. Knowledge Content
- teachers allows students to use any technology necessary to complete assignment