PG Revision Notes (Health and Fitness (Componenets of a diet (Vitamins (A …
PG Revision Notes
Health and Fitness
- The state of being in optimal health/ A feeling or mental state of being content, happy, prosperous, and healthy.
- Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely in the absence of disease or infirmity.
- The ability of your body to cope with the demands of everyday life and still have enough energy to deal with emergencies.
- The lack of Physical activity and a lifestyle that involves too much sitting down.
Componenets of a diet
- Simple Sugars (Sweets, Fizzy Drinks, Chocolate), Complex Starches (Pasta, Potato's, Bread, Rice)
- Triglycerides (Avacado's, Fish, Nuts), Fatty Acids (Sugary Foods)
- Fish, Chicken Eggs
-Milk, Eggs, Liver, Fish
-Fish, Meat, Eggs, Dairy
- Fish, Liver, Cheese, Eggs,
- Sunflower Seeds, Almonds, Spinach, Oil,
-Green. Leafy Veg
- Calcium, Potassium and Sodium
- Iron, Zinc, Magnese
- Cereals, Out -
- Basal Metabolic Rate
- Gluteals, Hamstrings, Gastrocnemius
- Trapezius, Latissimus Dorsi, Triceps
-Deltoid, Pectorals, Biceps (x2), Abdominals
(Flex arm at elbow)
-Push-Ups/Throwing a ball
(Extend arm at elbow)
-Shoulder Raises/Any swimming stroke.
(Move arm at shoulder)
(Adduct arm at shoulder)
(Flex the trunk across stomach)
- Squat Rack/High Jump.
(Extend leg at knee)
- Hamstring Curl/Running.
(Flex leg at knee)
(Adduct and extend leg at knee)
- Calf Raise/Long jump.
(Pointing toes, Flex at the knee)
-Forward Raises/Butterfly Stroke.
(Adduct and extend arm at shoulder)
-Shrug (Weighted)/Blocking in Boxing.
(Hold shoulder in place , move head back and shoulder)
Types of Muscle
- Digestive System,
Functions of the muscles
Pumping blood around the body
How can muscles help performance?
- 1. Keep the boddy upright nd maintian performance. 2.Help to move 3.Deal with weight.
- Humerus(Upper Arm), Radius & Ulna (Lower Arm)
- Vertabrae, Sternum, Clavicle, Scapula, Cranium, Ribs, Cranium
Legs & Pelvis
- Pelvis, Patella, Femur, Tibia, Fibula
Bones do not move you
- None would lead to worn bones
- Bone to Bone
- Muscle to Bone
- 1. Provide Support 2. Allows movement 3. Produce RBC's 4.Storage of Calcium/Pottasium 5.Protection
-Fixed Joint, found in the Cranium.
-Called a slightly moveable, found in the vertebrae.
-Freely Moveable joint, wide range of movement
Types of Joint
Ball and Socket
- Knee and Elbow,
Types of Movement
- When a joint closes.
- When a joint opens
- When a limb/part of the body moves away from the centre line.
-When a limb/part of the body moves towards the center line of the body
- When a bone moves around a pivot point
-When the end of a bone draws a circle as it moves.