Critique (Word choice (27) yes, the did use personafication (But let the…
24)sad, because he discusses his feelings of sadness and hurt and his bad experiences.
22) myriad: a countless or extremely great number
subtleties: the quality or state of being subtle.
25) no the author did not use any comparisons nor did he use the words "like" or ''as''
21)myriad and subtleties
26) no the poem did not compare things without using like or as (metaphors)
20) how depressed and sad he feels
27) yes, the did use personafication
But let the world dream otherwise
19)he expresses his feeling and how he suffered
28)yes, he symbolizes how the mask portray the fake emotions and hides our real ones.
18) yes,the words are similar and some he repeats more than once
17)all the verbs from the poem are : wear,grins,lies,hides,shades,pay,smile,sighs,see,cries and sing
1.This poem is selected due to the mystery of the subject
2.The title of the poem is implying for the reader a secrete that would be disclosed
3.The reader's impression would be excited to discover and breaking the codes of the Title
4.The theme was revolving around the quote which is : a caged bird did not sing
5.The poem is full of harsh feeling that slaves are feeling with
6.The poem has a great purpose which is expressing the harsh feeling that slaves feels
7) Yes, Paul dunbar wrote this poem to tell the circumstances that was happening in American culture and what were the African Americans were dealing with during that time the end of the nineteenth century
8) Yes the author writes about a special kind of social dissembling in the world which he lived in the nineteenth century
9) The poem was published in the year 1913
10) In that period the African Americans were mal treated by the white men and the African Americans were afraid to speak for they feared that if they spoke they will suffer bigger consequences
11) He was employed at Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
12) Yes it was, everything in poem talked about the tough years that that the author faced and how he and others were afraid to speak
14)yes there is rhyme in the poem
and lies, our eyes.
15)the poem does rhyme but there is no rhyme scheme
13)there are 3 stanzas each stanza is made up of 5 and 4 and 6
16)the rhyme does add to the imagery it gave it a certain tone and it adds to the theme and the message the author is trying to send.
32) The poem will impact many people who have a hard time telling or showing their emotions to people, for they are afraid of what happens if they do, afraid what people will think.
31) yes, i think they will like the poem because it will influence them to show their true self because nowadays image and appearances are what people think is the most important.
29) the point is that you shouldn't hide your true self because of fear consuming you.i think the author wrote the poem to express his feelings and emotions.
34) It will inspire them to not live their life in fear, that you need to take risks in life, you can’t continue in life fearing of what might people think.