The Characters of Frankenstein (Victor Frankenstein # # (The Monster # #,…
Victor's mother who married Alphonse at a very young age, after her own father died. She is a wonderful mother who adopts Elizabeth. Later on in life Elizabeth gets very sick with a fever and Caroline dies taking care of her.
- Henry's best friend from childhood who nurses Victor back to health after he becomes very sick and has a mental breakdown. He ends up touring Europe with Victor. When Victor refuses to make a lady creation, the creation kills Henry out of spite.
- He travels through the forest hiding from people for a very long time
- He spies on the lives of peasants for a couple years and learns how to read, write, and different actions through them.
- Victor's childhood is a good one and he is loved by his parents.
- He later goes on to the University of Ingolstadt and he studies the physical sciences.
- Victor becomes obsessed with the idea of creating the human form.
- After creating the monster, Victor falls into a depression and fear.
- He leaves the university and returns home to his family, only to find that his creation killed his brother William.
- He is not fully aware of the consequences of creating a new race of humans.
- He spends his entire life trying to destroy the same creation.
- Victor is the unbridled ego who must satisfy his urge to know all and use that learning to create a new race of man. His studies ultimately destroy him.
- He tries to make a compromise with Victor saying if he makes him a lady creation then they would leave the world alone and live in solitude.
- Victor doesn't he goes on a killing and kills everyone victor loves
- He kills William, Henry, Elizabeth, and Victor by the end of book
- He leads Victor on a wild goose chase for many months
- In the end, he reveals that he is the saddest being to ever walk the earth and only ever wanted to be happy
- He goes on to kill himself after speaking with Walton about his horrible life and past
- He has faith in Victor when nobody else does.
- When everyone accuses him of the murder of Henry he believed Victor didn't do it