PERSUASIVE LANGUAGE (:star:WRITING A PERSUASIVE ESSAY:STAR:…
Types of tone
Style refers to the choices an author makes about how to construct their text and how they use language to make their point.
Types of Styles
- Headlines – written by editors and designed to capture the reader’s attention
- News articles – usually cover a wide range of human interest stories and political issue on a state and national level, as well as some international stories.
- Feature articles – longer than news articles and generally examine multiple sides of an issue, though they may also by strongly persuasive
- Opinion pieces – express a strong point of viewpoint on an issue of current or lasting interest; in online newspaper opinion pieces often appear under the staff bloggers’ individuals sections of the website
- Editorials – express the official view of the newspaper on a current issue
- Letters to the editor – express the views of members of the public on a current issue
- Cartoons – comment, mostly humorously and critically, on a current issue or person in the news.