Material Management (What is material handling and logistics? (Material…
What is material handling and logistics?
• the movement, protection, storage and control of material
• acts throughout manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, assumption & disposal
• Activity involve the supply chain activities, such as transportation, warehousing and information flow
• Ultimate goal of logistic
Fulfill customer satisfaction
Improve & minimizing cost produce of the process
What are the aims of materials management? Discuss with related “R” in materials management.
• Right things and the right control with the right control and procedure.
• Maximizes economic in purchasing, production process & customer satisfaction
5R's material management
• Right quality
• Right quantity
• Right time
• Right price
• Right source
How material handling and logistic works?
A brought way of equipment, system & services to move material products through supply chain
Ex. automation, information technology, automotive identification, store & moving equipment, converyer & safety equipment, sustainable green solution
Help improve supply chain forecasting, resources location, product planning and production
Help in better management of data inventory with the involvement of technologies use by logistic
Discuss this statement “Material handling and logistics makes the supply chain works”.
• logistics is the activity that involve in the supply chain thus there is a high relationship between it with material management.
• Cost indeed is the major concern by most of the company hence the logistic come out with the management activity that help in the root of management which is supply chain management.
• Building strong relationship between supplier, manufacturer, distributor and customer it will help to reduce total overall of the cost in the chain.
• Unnecessary activity or non-value activity would be eliminate to save the time and cost causes by the activity.
Discuss the term material management
End to end (E2E) scientific technique of planning, organizing & control of flow of materials from its purchase to final destination
Briefly explain the purpose of material management
• Maximizing the customer service
• Maximizing efficiency of purchasing
• Maximizing inventory investment
• Maximizing profits
What are the functions of material management? Briefly discuss.
• Material planning
• Material sourcing
• Transportation and material handling
• Inspection and quality control
• Store keeping and warehousing
• Standardization and evaluation of all products
• Cost reduction through value analysis
• Disposal of surplus/obsolete material
Explain the objectives of material management
• Lower inventories
• Lower purchasing cost
• Handling the materials efficiency
• Regular supply
• Procurement of quality materials
What is forklift? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using the forklift.
Forklift is a small industrial vehicle with a power operated pronged platform that can be raised & lowered for insertion under a load to be lifted & moved
Lower the total cost of ownership
Minimum the noise
Have longer life
Suitable use indoor and small area
Lower speed, lift capabilities & long run
Training on proper use of forklift battery
Battery charging station must be installed