THE BUSH (NEW ZEALAND ( dutch word bosch = uncultivated country (bush-bash…
anywhere outside urban areas
native trees rather than exotic forests :red_flag:
dutch word bosch = uncultivated country
– to make one's way through the forest, rather than on a track or trail
bush shirt :star:
– a woollen shirt or Swanndri, often worn by forest workers
bush lawyer :star:
– the name of a number of native climbing plants or a layman who expounds on legal matters.
bush walk :star:
– short day walks (hikes) in the bush
going bush :star:
– to live in the bush for an extended period of time, which may include "living off the land" by means of hunting or fishing
different from the green European landscapes
more arid inland areas = outback
populated region outside of the major metropolitan areas
rural, country or folk activities
rural areas which are not open veld
Going to The Bush :star:
= going to a game park or game reserve
ALASKA AND CANADA
community not "on the road system"
accessible only by more elaborate transportation
A shrub or clump of shrubs with stems of moderate length.
rural, undeveloped land or country areas
wild or uncultivated country
Vegetation growing in the bush
Indigenous rainforest NZ
Uncivilized or primitive SA
A luxuriant growth of thick hair or fur.