Tutorial 2 Purchasing & supply in the business environment (4. …
Purchasing & supply in the business environment
1. What is the business environment in logistics?
:pen: Businesss enviroment is the internal and external
factors that influence the company's operating
situation. As in the view of logistics, it concerns with
the movement of goods, both incoming (inbound)
and the distribution of goods the next members of
supply chain and to the end customer (outbound)
2. What is the difference between internal and external business environment in logistics?
The internal business environment includes factors
within the organization that impact the approach
and success of your operations
The external environment consists of variety of factors outside your company that you typically don't have much control over
6. What is the supply chain umbrella? Draw the diagram and explain.
A large set of activities besides purchasing is part of supply chain management. Each of these seemingly diverse activities has one important feature in common—it is part of a network that will define how efficiently and effectively goods and information flow across a supply chain
3. Briefly explain the internal elements of the business environment in logistics?
Refers to the people, information, facilities, infrastructure,
machinery, equipment, supplies, and finances
Function of the Business
Vision, mission and objectives of the company guide its
priorities, philosophy, & policies.
The management should understand the problems of their
workers and gain confidence in them.
8. Explain the different between inbound and outbound transportation in supply chain umbrella
logistics refers to the transport, storage and
delivery of goods coming into a business.
logistics refers to the same for goods
going out of a business
5. Explain the macro factors for business environment in logistics?
It affects the quality of goods and services offered
by a company. New technologies that provide
superior value to satisfying consumer needs
stimulate economic and investment activities
Political macro environment comprises of
government agencies and pressure groups that
influence organizational operations, tax policies
and the nationa
7. Is the supply chain different from supply management?
creating new value,building competitive
logistic,synchronizing SC demand and measuring
Supply Chain Management
crucial process because an optimized
supply chain results in lower costs and
a faster production cycle
4. Briefly explain the market environment in logistics?
planning, delivering, and
controlling the flow of physical goods, marketing
materials and information from the producer to a market
as necessary to meet customer demands while still
making a satisfactory profit.
9. What are the 5 rights of purchasing