Excess around $250 ( Budget Direct travel Insurance)
• Cancellation of your trip: Cover for your cancellation fees and lost deposits on your prepaid travel, accommodation, meals, tours and activities, and visas.
• Overseas medical and hospital expenses: Unlimited cover for your emergency medical assistance and hospital treatment.
• Luggage and personal effects: Up to $7,500 for your damaged, stolen or lost luggage and personal effects.
• Travel documents, credit cards and travellers’ cheques: Up to $5,000 for your lost, stolen or damaged passport, visas, credit cards, travel money cards, and travellers’ cheques.
• Rental vehicle insurance excess: Up to $6,000 for your rental car excess if the vehicle is damaged or stolen.
• Travel delay expenses: Up to $2,000 if your journey home to Australia is delayed due to bad weather, a strike, industrial action or mechanical breakdown.
• Personal liability: Up to $5,000,000 if you’re held legally liable for accidentally injuring someone else or damaging or losing their property.
• Pre-existing medical conditions: Automatic cover for 27 pre-existing medical conditions. (If your pre-existing medical condition is not covered, you would still be covered for any unforeseen medical expenses not related to your condition.)
• Free cover for accompanied children: Automatic cover for your children and grandchildren under 18 years of age who are travelling with you and/or are under full adult supervision during the trip.