How to build traffic on a completely new blog:
- If no one visits your blog article, how are you going to generate inbound links , traffic and sales?
7 Proven Strategies to Increase Blog Traffic, Neil Patel
- Kindle Select 90-day traffic plan
- How to create viral content
- How to create evergreeen list posts
- Long-tail keyword domination
- Email traffic generation
- Twisted guest blogging
- Restructure your posts
#2 Viral Content
- Write great headlines
- Right length: 3,000 - 10,000 words (Buzzsumo)
- Killer idea thats sure o go viral on social media:
- Understand your audience: Use Quora, type in primary keyword into searchbox and get a list of people's most pressing questions. Get a better ideas of longtail keyword phrases to help build user intent in your blog article.
- Use Buzzsumo to generate content ideas: type your primary search engine word and see no. of social media shares for top posts related to your keyword. Check out the top headlines and find most popular topics in your niche for social media engagement in blog posts.
- Use Ubersuggest to generate content ideas: type your primary keyword into homepage search box. Ubersuggests searches the entire web for related words and phrases u can use in a blog article
- Generate ideas from useful comments:Visit authority blogs to find comments. Eg: Upworthy is creating viral content consistently, due to 3 factors: i) curiosity driven headlines, ii) fewer sharing buttons, iii) short emotional video
#3 Create Evergreeen List Posts
- Evergreen posts are content having a continued and sustained success that can generate traffic years after their original publication
- First, ensure there is at least 1 magazine or publication on the topic u want to write a list blog post on.
- Examples: 35 blogging tips to woo readers and win business. This evergreen list posts makes a specific promise.
- Odd numbers are more popular, and higher numbers win.
- Use Google to plug in your headline to the search box and if there are no results, no competition and a huge opportunity to rank well in SERPs
#4 Long-tail keyword domination
- reveals searcher intent, eg. "buy bag online"
- tells u how to structure your content so it can solve the searcher's problem
- helps meet a specific need
- Google Autosuggest: check for search results (indicates competitiveness)
- Google keyword planner: copy the long-tail keyword into the search box and click "get ideas". u will get a list of related long-tail keyword phrases that u could use
- Next, go back to google and type ur selected new phrase. use quotes for an exact match search result.
- Rule of thumb to consider the topic: top 3 results dont target exact long tail keyword and has less than 50,000 competing web pages.
- Write: at least1,500 words well optimised for target key phrase, include plenty of data, images and links to authority sites in the niche.
#5 Email Traffic Generation
- Build a specialised or 'elite' list and nurture your subscribers, so they always open and act on your list. Privileged minority, u dont want everyone, to succeed, u need the right people - those who want or need what u have to offer.
- Collect only targeted leads
- When u send out newsletters, the open rates will be high
- The CTR will blow ur mind
- Huge WOM referrals
- You can build a profitable business with less than 1,000+ elite subscribers
- Your email subscribers will be your #1 source of qualified traffic for relevant offers
**When it comes to elite email marketing, the quality of leads that u get is 98% better than the quantity. You want a few people who value you, read your newsletter and participate in your events. They take action almost all of the time.
- Define your main goal
- ONE goal: a specific, special knowledge that u have that can be shared with a specific group of people who are struggling to get results in that area
- Create a special landing page
- Find your own area of specialty and build an email list focused on that area alone. This is an elite email list to define search traffic.
- Guest blog on targeted A-list blogs only
- Google search authority blogs in your niche:
- Primary keyword + submit guest post
- keyword + write for us
- keyword phrase + guest post guidelines
- Use Facebook precise targeting
- Use precise targeting based on interests, pages, groups, age and location for best results
#7 Twisted Guest Blogging Guest blogging is a proven way to increase traffic to your landing page and build your list. 3- Step Process:
- Research blogs with social influence
- check their social influence to assess how much traffic you can expect to generate from social media if your post gets featured.
- Check the top ranking sites
- go to google and input your long-tail key phrase, as though u want to search for ideas. If "no results are found for..." then its great, no competition for u. The top results have ranked highly for a similar topic to the one that u intend to write about with long-tail keyword ideas u can 'borrow'.
- focus on these SEO-friendly blogs and u will drive traffic to your blog in the long-term
How to find the best places to guest blog
Link Builder's Guide to Email Outreach
#7 Restructure Your Posts Understand your audience's behavior: Go to Alexa and type your blog address and click Go. Three metrics u need to care about:
- Bounce Rate
- Responsive layout - compatible with all devices
- Readable text
- Speed up ur site - improve load time
- Daily Page views per visitor
- cross-link within your content - links within text get clicked more than navigational menu links
- related content - at the end of each of your blog posts, u should add a "related articles section" where you link to other relevant posts.
- Daily time on Site
- Use more headings, bullets, block quotes and lists
- Keep content around 1, 500 words
- Use pictures to help increase readability. When ur posts are under 1, 500 words, limit the pictures to 3.
- Use the words "you" and "i"
- Write a conclusion and clearly label it.