Federal Bureaucracy (1) The Executive Departments; ( (Most Recent =…
1) The Executive Departments;
= Veterans' Affairs
State - ........
Transportation - Secretary of Transportation
Energy - Secretary of Energy
4) Government Corporations
To perform Commercial Functions
The United States Postal Service
- Delivers Postage
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- Protects saving deposits in commercial banks
- Runs nationwide train system
2) The Executive Agencies;
They also appointed by the President with Senate approval
But are not part of the President's Cabinet
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Protecting Human Health and Environment
The Federal Reserve Board
- Conducts Monetary Policy of the Federal Government, Supervises Banks and Protect Consumers
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Conducts Space exploration and aeronautic research
3) Independent Regulatory Commissions (IRCs)
of all three branches of Government. They operate behind
created by Congress to
shield them from direct Presidential control
They are subject to Pressures from the
they seek to regulate.
An IRC may regulate railways, airlines, radio, television, banks and labour unions....
An example of the first IRC was the
'Interstate Commerce Commission'
- The power to
all surface forms of transport engaging in trade amongst states