Technology Standards for Education (ISTE for Teachers (Inspire Student…
Technology Standards for Education
ISTE for Teachers
Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
- Teachers encourage innovative thinking and assist students in exploring and solving current issues. They do this by applying their own knowledge, continuously teaching and learning, and using technology.
Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
- Teachers are responsible for designing, developing, and evaluating learning experiences that use modern technology. This maximizes learning opportunities. Teachers provide a technology infused learning environment which allows students to pursue their own educational goals.
Model Digital Age Work and Learning
- Teachers set the standard of digital fluency through collaboration, demonstration, and communication.
Promote Digital Citizenship and Responsibility
- Teachers are examples of legal and ethical behaviour in the digital world and are conscious of their responsibility to advocate for safe and legal use of digital technology and information.
Engage in Professional Growth
- Teachers continually seek opportunities for professional growth, particularly focusing on effective technology use in the classroom.
ISTE for Students
- Students use technology to assist them in creating and accomplishing their own learning goals
- Students use technology to solve problems. They employ a planned design to create a plan on solving issues and questions at hand
- Students learn and develop skills using technology that help them solve and understand problems
- Students gain knowledge and create learning experiences by using different digital resources
- Students know how to use digital technology safely and ethically.
Learning and Technology Policy Framework
Student Centred Learning
- Technology is used to assist teachers in creating an atmosphere that puts the students first
Research and Innovation
- Teachers are involved in research, which assists in providing innovation in the classroom
- Education professionals gain and employ the skills and knowledge necessary to use technology to support learning and growth
- Teachers take the lead in finding creative ways to use technology in the classroom
Access, Infrastructure and Digital Learning Environments
- Everyone has access to technology and infrastructure needed to provide a positive digital learning environment
ICT Program of Studies
Programs for Productivity
- Students need to know how to use the basic tools and programs such as word processing and multimedia programs
Infused within core subjects
- Teachers will use the ICT program in all subjects, not just as a stand alone course
- Students need to know the effect technology can have, both ethically and morally and how to be a good digital citizen.
A Way of Doing Things
- Teachers will consider new and innovative ways to communicate, make decisions, and ask questions.
Communicating, inquiring, decision making, problem-solving
- Students will need to use several different technology methods to analyze problems and apply their skills to realistic situations.