Technology Standards for Education (ISTE Standards for Students…
Technology Standards for Education
ISTE Standards for Students
- Students are capable of creative new solutions while problem solving with a variety of technologies.
- Students are able to express themselves clearly and communicate using a variety of tools that enhance and excel their personal goals.
- Students gain the knowledge on how to act professionally and accordingly based on ethics, safety, and legal rights of technology.
- Students have the accessibility to collaborate on a local and global platform in order to broaden their individual perspectives.
- Students have an active role in deciding and achieving their goals accompanied by the tool of technology.
ISTE Standards for Teachers
Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
- Teachers are able to advance the learning of students through face-to-face interactions as well as in a virtual environment by engaging in themselves technology.
Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
- Teachers maximize the learning of students by incorporating design and developing while evaluating students in a contemporary learning environment.
Model Digital Age Work and Learning
- Teachers gain knowledge and demonstrate a healthy and safe work ethic regarding the use of technology.
Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility
- Teachers model an ethical and professional behaviour while being in connect with technology and understand evolving issues.
Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership
- Teachers are continuously learning and gaining knowledge regarding technology and promote lifelong learning in not only a school environment but in the community as well.
Learning and Technology Policy Framework
- Technology plays a large role in student-centred learning and individual learning for all students.
Research and Innovation
- Teachers and administrators ensure advanced technology is being sustained in all schools through research and participate in evidence-based practices.
- Teachers and education professionals are to continuously expand their knowledge base on technology and maintain skills and attributes to educate their students effectively.
- Teachers establish a set of building blocks and guidelines regarding technology in order to maintain an effective technological system for their student body.
Digital Learning Environments
- The entire school base including teachers, students, and administrators have access to all technological tools at all time for a digital learning environment.
ICT Program of Studies
- There is constant development of skills between grades relating to the contents of the curriculum.
French Immersion and Francophone Programs
-The software and technology present must be available in the language that is being used to study in order to benefit the students.
- Appropriate tools regarding the ICT program include word processing, database, spreadsheet, email, etc.
- Students will gain the knowledge and responsibilities on how to use technology in a safe and ethical way.
Curriculum Outcome Format
- The ICT curriculum is structured in two ways for maximum success for the students and educators.