Technology Standards in Education
Technology Standards in Education
ISTE Standards for Students (2016)
Good Digital Citizenship
- Engage responsibly with technology and fully understand how their actions can directly affect themselves and other users.
Collaboration and Network
- Use technology to expand your network and allow their opinions and ideas help further your own learning.
Technology used to expand education networks
- Know how to use technological tools to present your informations in the most effective way.
Student Driven Learning
- Student engage closer with their own education, setting goals and creating plans on how to achieve them. Technology can be use to help.
Student take an interest and have some level of control over their own learning
- When presented with a problems be able to use technology to find relevant information to help solve the problem at hand and be able to decipher what is valid and useful data.
Technology used to research and solve problems
ISTE Standard for Teachers (2008)
- Demonstrate to students proper ways to use technology and how to stay engaged and safe while being a digital citizen.
Being a good digital citizen applies to everyone involved in the educational field
Teachers must be good digital citizens so students learn how to.
Life Long Learning
- Engage with peers to continue learning about the most effective and innovative ways to use technology in their classrooms.
Educator are continuously learning about technology
Practice the use of technology being employed in the classroom
- Teachers show that they know how to effectively use technology, and use this technology to engage with their students.
Create opportunities for student to use technology
- Adapt assignments to allow the use of technology to encourage students to play a more active role in their own education.
Help create innovative students
- Encourage students to explore the world around them, using technology to further engage with the people around them.
Learning and Technology Framework
- Students play an active role in their own learning, they know how they learn best and are able to study what they learned in school effectively.
Research and Innovation
- Those employed in the education field continuously update their knowledge of technology being used in schools, and the research being done on it.
Educator stay up to date with technology and understand how to use it
- Teachers are life long learners and continue to interact and incorporate new technologies into their classrooms.
- Teachers and other educational professionals use technology in an innovative fashion, keeping current with guidelines and standards
New technology is used to help student gain the best education possible
Access, Infrastructure and Digital Learning Environments
- Schools are set up to be digital learning environments that use technology to enhance the learning of students.
ICT Program of Studies
- Technology is used gather and organize information to create solutions to problems presented to a student.
- Students understand the technology they are working with and are able to explain why it's useful and know how to apply it to their school work.
- Students use technology to gain access to viewpoints outside their immediate peers, they then can use research to form their own opinion on other's viewpoints.
- Students see how technology is used day to day and know that it should be used in a moral and ethical way.
Once students learn how to be good digital citizens, it can be implemented to all subject areas
- Students have the ability to research and find information from multiple sources and are able to conclude which information is reliable to use. (#3e8672)
Student are comfortable using technology as a tool