Technology Standards for Education
Technology Standards for Education
ISTE Standards for Teachers
Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
- Teachers use their knowledge on the subject matter to help inspire students and to teach them to think outside of the box.
Design and Digital Age Learning
- Teachers can introduce technology-enriched learning environments into their classroom. This will allow students to pursue their individual curiosities and actively set their own goals, assess their own progress and manage what they want to learn.
Model Digital Age Work and Learning
- Teachers have a clear understanding of how technology and programs work in their classroom. They are able to aid students with new forms of technology, discover, use and explain new programs to their students. It's also important that teachers are able to communicate with peers, students and parents through different forms of technology.
Promote and Model Citizenship and Responsibility
- Teachers are to advocate, model, and teach safe, legal and ethical ways to use technology and teach their students about respect, proper citation and copyrighting. Teach the students proper digital etiquette and responsibility to acquire proper social interactions related to the use of technology and sharing information.
Engage In Growth and Leadership
- Teachers are continuously improving their teaching methods, they are forever learners and partake in activities that will help them to practice and teach technology in their professional careers.
ISTE Standards for Students
- Students understand their rights, responsibilities and opportunities in the online community. They are aware of how to engage in a safe and ethical manner while online.
- Students are to set personal goals, to understand how technology works, to create a network of people, seek feedback on their process and should be able to transfer their knowledge of new technology to others.
- Students know how to communicate and express themselves through multiple online tools and are able to present this to their peers.
- Students know how to use a design process where they can help create new ideas, test theories and solve problems.
- Students use digital devices to enrich their minds, learn and teach each other about and receive multiple viewpoints from their peers both locally and globally. Work together and understand each others perspectives.
Learning and Technology Policy Framework
- Teachers are continuously looking for ways to further understand and develop their technology skills and finding ways to bring this into their classroom.
Research and Innovation
- Teachers stay up to date with educational technology research. They participate and apply research to their learning and teaching in their classroom.
- Students use technology, online and digital learning to solve complex problems, develop new skills, demonstrate their knowledge and what they know with their peers, and be able to apply multiple literacies in their daily life.
- Members of the school board use technology effectively, efficiently and innovatively. The use of technology is constantly being updated with up-to-date guidelines and standards.
Access, Infrastructure and Digital Learning Environments
- School authorities are to ensure that students have access to technology and other devices to support student learning. provide students, teachers, administrators etc.. with well built, hi-speed and reliable products. Make sure technology standards are all up to date and ensure that the networks are safe and secure.
ICT Program of Studies
A Way of Doing Things
- Technology is a way in which we get things done. A way for us to communicate. We develop tools and techniques to help us gather and identify information, classify and organize and analyzing and evaluating.
Foundational Operations, Knowledge and Concepts
- Students are to understand how technology works and why it's important it today's world. Students will be required to know how to use technology in ethical ways. Students are to demonstrate basic skills required with the use of different types of technology/applications.
Processes for Productivity
- Students will know how be shown how to compose, revise and edit texts. Students will use communication technology to interact and learn with others. Students will also learn how to connect and communicate through multimedia and learn how to manipulate and organize data.
Communicating, Inquiring, Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Students will know how to access and use different forms of technology. Students can seek alternate viewpoints by discovering information through technology. Helps students to investigate/solve problems.
- The contents include; general outcomes, specific outcomes, illustrative examples and assessment framework.