Technology Standards for Education (ISTE Standards for Students (Empowered…
Technology Standards for Education
ISTE Standards for Students
- Students use technology to take an active role in engaging with and achieving personal goals.
- Students understand the responsibility of cultivating a positive, safe and legal digital identity, demonstrating as well how to maintain the rights of digital identities and intellectual properties of others.
- Students plan effective strategies to locate information and other resources for creative pursuits while evaluating the accuracy, relevance and credibility of the information, media or data.
- Students use a deliberate design process for generating authentic ideas and testing theories to open-ended problems while testing and refining prototypes as part of a cyclical design process.
- Students express themselves clearly and creatively for a variety of purposes using the appropriate style, format and digital media tools.
- Students broaden their perspectives and develop mutual understandings by using digital resources and tools to contribute constructively in collaborations that explore local and global issues.
ISTE Standards For Teachers
Facilitate and Inspire student Learning and Creativity
- Engage students in exploring real-word issues and solving authentic problems using digital tools and resources
Design and Develop Digital Age Learning
Experiences and Assessments
- Develop technology-enriched learning environments with personalized learning activities to address students diverse learning styles to enable students to pursue their individual curiosities and to promote student learning and creativity
Educators are focused on student-cantered learning
Model Digital Age Work and Learning
- Demonstrate fluency in technology systems to communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents and peers using a variety of digital age media and formats.
Promote and Model Digital Citizenship
- Exhibit ethical and legal behaviour in the use of digital information and technologies to promote and model responsible social interactions.
Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership
- Participate in local and global learning communities to explore the creative applications of technology to develop and improve the technology skills of others.
Learning and Technology Policy Framework
Research and Innovation
- Teachers and education professionals stay current with educational technology research and apply the research data to their education practices to support personalized, student-cantered learning
- Government and school authorities have clarity and coherence in the policies and procedures that govern educational use of technologies in all schools so that teachers and educational professionals use technology effectively and efficiently
- Teachers and administrators are digitally confident, prepared to use technology and digital resources effectively to meet the diverse needs and interests of students.
- Technology and digital learning is used by students to think critically about how to identify and solve complex problems while being able to access, share and create knowledge.
Access, Infrastructure and Digital Learning Environments
- Students, teachers and administrators and other education professionals have support for and equitable access to devices, digital learning environments and facilities to maximize learning through technology
ICT Program of Studies
Processes for Productivity
Students will compose, revise and edit text.
Students will organize and manipulate data.
Students will communicate through multimedia.
Students will integrate various applications.
Students will navigate and create hyperlinked resources.
Students will use communication technology to interact with others.
Foundational Operations, Knowledge and Concepts
Students will demonstrate an understanding of the nature of technology.
Students will understand the role of technology as it applies to self, work and society.
Students will demonstrate a moral and ethical approach to the use of technology.
Students will become discerning consumers of mass media and electronic information.
Students will practise the concepts of ergonomics and safety when using technology.
Students will demonstrate a basic understanding of the operating skills required in a variety of technologies.
Communicating, Inquiring, Decision Making and Problem Solving
Students will access, use and communicate information from a variety of technologies
Students will seek alternative viewpoints, using information technologies.
Students will critically assess information accessed through the use of a variety of technologies.
Students will use organizational processes and tools to manage inquiry.
Students will use technology to aid collaboration during inquiry.
Students will use technology to investigate and/or solve problems.
Students will use electronic research techniques to construct personal knowledge and meaning.