Technology standards for education (ISTE Standards for Students 2016…
Technology standards for education
ISTE Standards for Students 2016
using the digital tools available, students will curate a variety of resourcesknowledge, produce creative artifacts and make meaningful learning experiences
- students will use technology effectively to design and employ solutions to problems
- Students communicate clearly and express themselves creatively using the platforms, tools, styles, formats and digital media appropriate to their goals.
- students will know what it means to be safe and ethical in an online enviroment
- students will know how to collaborate locally and globally using technology. sharing ideas and perspectives.
Learning and Technology Policy Framework
- All students, teachers, administrators and other education professionals have access to devices, reliable infrastructure, high-speed networks and digital learning environments.
Research and Development
- Teachers, administrators and other education professionals constantly utilizing research to sustain and advance innovation in education.
In both cases the importance of utilizing online resources to conduct research, which will further advance either personal learning or learning for others.
- Education leaders leverage technology in support of student-centred learning and system efficiencies.
- Technology is used to support student-centered, personalized, authentic learning for all students.
- Teachers, administrators and other education professionals utilize the knowledge, skills and attributes that enable them to use technology to the fullest extent in support of learning and teaching.
Both the LTPF and the ISTE standards emphasis the importance teacher reflection is for continuel development
ISTE Standards for Teachers 2008
Digital Age Work
- Teachers exhibit knowledge, skills and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society.
- Teachers exhibit legal and ethical behavior in their professional practices.
In all cases the necessity for digital citizenship is explained
Digital Age Learning
- Teachers incorporate contemporary tools and resources to optimize student learning
- Teachers will participate in reflective activities that will help to further develop their professional practice in relation to teaching with technology
- Teachers use their knowledge of subject matter, teaching and learning, and technology to promote student learning in both face-to-face and virtual environments.
In both cases it is expressed that teachers must focus the use of technology to further promote student learning.
ICT Program of Studies
- understanding the nature and affect of technology, the moral and ethical use of technology, ergonomic and safety issues, and basic computer,
telecommunication and multimedia technology
Processes for productivity
- is about the knowledge and skills required to use a variety of basic productivity tools and techniques
- due to technology having an increasingly significant impact, students must be prepared to understand, use and apply ICT in effective, efficient and ethical ways.
- the ability to use a
variety of processes to critically assess
information, manage inquiry, solve problems, do
research and communicate with a variety of