the types of work covered by the Copyright Designs and Patents Act:
1) Literary - Song lyrics, manuscripts, manuals, computer programs, commercial documents, leaflets, newsletters and articles etc.
2) Dramatic - Plays, dance, etc.
3) Musical - Recording and score .
4) Artistic - Photography, painting, architecture, technical drawings/diagrams, maps, logos, etc.
5) Typographical arrangement of published editions - Magazines, periodicals, etc.
6) Sound recordings - May be recordings of works, e.g music and library
7) Films - Broadcast and cable programmes
The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, is the current UK copyright law. It gives the creators of literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works the right to control the ways in which their material may be used. This is copied and pasted