Technology Standards for Education
Technology Standards for Education
ICT Programs of Studies
Critical Thinking and Communication with Technology
- In this ICT curriculum concept students will learn to use technology for understanding problems, decision making and communication with diverse audiences.
The branches are related because it is a focus in both to allow students to experiment with different communication and media tools.
Digital Safety and Understanding
- This concept is to ensure students grasp the purpose of technology and know how to ethically conduct themselves through technology.
Both connections imply that students understand the importance of internet ethics and safety.
Success through Organizational Concepts
- Students will learn to navigate a wide range of different technology tools that will assist them in data organization, video composition, virtual communication etc.
The yellow connection is related because both concepts encourage students to learn about different technology tools and communication.
Provide Visual Examples
- These are support documents that teachers provide students with in order to help them achieve and clarify specific outcomes for the grade and subject.
Provide Practice Guidelines
- These are guidelines that are a part of the
Classroom Assessment Tool Kit
and they are designed to give students the opportunity to practice an assessment task before the true testing.
In both branches, students are receiving extra, physical material to assist them with assessment and technology work.
ISTE Standards for Teachers
Use Knowledge to Inspire Student Learning
- Teachers incorporate specific knowledge of their subject area to enhance creativity and student centre learning in both face to face and virtual environments.
Teachers Represent the Digital Age
- Teachers effectively embody the image of a digital professional.
Teachers Exemplify Digital Responsibility
- Educators recognize the importance of societal and legal practice in their profession.
The blue connection is present because both concepts point out that teachers have to exemplify digital responsibility.
Customize Digital Learning to Individual Needs
- Teachers adapt technology activities to each students' strengths and understanding.
The connection between the branches is because technology is being incorporated to support the student and their specific needs
Teachers are Digitally Reflective
- Teachers re-evaluating their previous use of technology and continue to experiment with new digital tools that will enhance student learning.
The connection relates to the green branch because they both regard teachers continuing to learn and grow with technology.
Learning and Technology Policy Framework
Revolve Technology Around the Student
- Students use technology that supports their individual learning needs and fosters creativity.
The branch towards the bottom of the diagram connects with both attached branches because there is emphasis on students adapting technology to their needs
Teachers Follow Technology Trends
- Teachers make sure that they are staying in the loop with educational technology research.
The branches connect because they both relate to teachers engaging in technology research.
Education Professionals Apply Technology Research
- Teachers use technology research for personalizing learning to each students needs and interests.
Coherence Amongst Policy and Procedures
- All education professional, along with the government, clearly understand and are on the same page when it comes to uses of technology in Education.
Effective Digital Learning Environments and Tools
- All staff and students have access to effective computers, high-speed internet and other technology devices.
ISTE Standards for Students
Recognize the Responsibilities of the Digital World
- Students understand the privilege of living in a digital age and the importance of internet safety.
Seek Knowledge Through the use of Technology
- Students know how to further their knowledge through researching global issues and solutions.
The blue connection is because students in both concepts recognize how to use technology for learning about issues, think critically about solutions and further their knowledge.
Experiment with Communication
- Students grasp different concepts of communication by experimenting with different tools and media platforms.
Inclusive Digital User
- Students use a variety of digital tools to virtually connect and learn from professionals.
Students Discover their Digital Strengths
- Students achieve their learning goals by choosing a digital environment that supports their individual needs.