Technology Standards for Education (ISTE Standards for Students(2016)…
Technology Standards for Education
ISTE Standards for Students(2016)
Formulate problems to be solved with technological methods or systems, break it into parts, and eventually solve those parts.
- Students understand that when they are within the digital world they must do it safely and ethically.
- Students use those tools available to them to collect the best resources available to learn and show it.
- think of new inventive ways to communicate ideas in multiple platforms using tools within the area like digital media
- Students will use the resources available to them to enrich themselves by enlarging their circles and working with people around the world
The connection to model digital age work and learning was made because they both involve the importance of the ability to collaborate with others whether locally or globally.
ISTE Standards for Teachers(2008)
Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
- Teachers pull from their own knowledge of the subject matter and use of technology to help students achieve what they want in new creative ways.
The connection to creative communicator was made because they both focus on the importance of creativity within the teacher and the student.
Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
- Take the current methods they employ for delivering lessons and integrate ways technology can be involved, while trying to cater to different learning styles.
The connection to student centred learning was made because it is about changing the way things are done to new inventive ways for the student.
Model Digital Age Work and Learning
- Teachers will show their knowledge of technology and then collaborate with students and peers.
Promote and Model Digital Citizenship
- be aware of possible issues and threats within the digital world and display appropriate and ethical behaviour.
The connection to digital citizen was made because both are ingrained in the belief of acting in an ethical way.
Engage in Professional Growth Leadership
- continue to improve the uses of technology personally so that you can act as a leader in the future and show how technology can be effective.
The connection to leadership was made because they both express the importance of acting as a leader and showing students how to use the tools available effectively.
Learning and Technology Policy Framework
Student Centred Learning
- Technology is used in the interest of the student, personalized to them and their learning.
Research and Innovation
- Teachers and members of administration participate in all respects of research and practice to innovate the use of technology.
- Taking the knowledge learnt and applying it efficiently and effectively to practice within the job.
- leaders establish a framework of policies to help put technology at the forefront of student centred learning
Access, Infrastructure and Digital Learning Environments
- Whether its teachers, students, or administration, all will have the availability to resources like devices, internet, and infrastructure.
The connection to knowledge constructor was made because they both express the importance of using the tools available.
ICT Program of Study
Foundational Operations, Knowledge and Concepts
-Understanding how technology affects us, seeing the effects morally and ethically and possible issues with safety that may arise.
The connection to digital citizen was made because both focus on having ethics while being in the digital world.
-skills will be developed continuously and have the ideas of general outcome, specific outcomes, illustrative examples, and assessment frameworks in mind. Showing what the student should know and what they will know after, having all the outcomes working intertwined.
The connection to student centred learning was made because they both focus on the student and getting them to a learning outcome.
Processes for Productivity
-having the background knowledge and skills to use different tools and tecniques
A Way of Doing Things
-knowing technology is a tool to getting things done,and offers new ways to change activity . Teaching to get information, organize it, summarize it, analyze it and speculate on it.
The connection to research and innovation was made because it involves the importance of teachers taking initiative and finding new ways of teaching.
Making and Problem
- Being able to assess a situation and use skills to problem solve, expecting you can apply knowledge to real life situations
The connection to professional learning was made because you are using the knowledge in real life situations in both.