Technology Standards in Education (ISTE Standards for Teachers …
Technology Standards in Education
ISTE Standards for Teachers
Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
- Teachers use both technology and their own knowledge together to advance student learning, creativity and innovative in areas of virtual and real life environments. (p.1, 2008)
Design and Dev. Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessment
- Teachers create and develop a variety of different learning environments and styles using technology to enrich learning and customize to students personal styles .
Model Digital Age Work and Learning
Teachers will collaborate new and prior knowledge with students, peers, parents and community to use technology professional in both a digital and global society (p.1, 2008).
Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibly
Promoting awareness of local and global issues that includes digital culture and using it responsibly (Pg. 2, 2008).
Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership
Teachers are continuously improving leadership skills and becoming lifelong learners to practice, reflect and evaluate digital tools and resources. (pg. 2, 2008)
ICT Program and Studies
Foundational Operations, Knowledge and Concepts
- "Understanding the nature and affect of technology " (p.2, 200-2003),how to use different operations of technology, understanding safety issues and the moral and ethnic use of technology.
- Provides the classroom with a framework for subjects to complete ICT outcomes (p.3, 2000-2003)
Communicating, Inquiring , Decision making and Problem-solving
- Applying the knowledge and skills to use in real-life situations to solve problems , research and communicate (p.2, 200-2003)
- Demonstrate and elaborate the general and specific outcomes of ICT by grade and subject (p.3, 2000-2003).
Processes of Productivity
- Having the knowledge and skills in a variety of basic tools and techniquies (p.2, 200-2003)
ISTE Standards for Students
- Technology allows students to create, and express themselves using a variety of different digital tools and styles to create new projects (p.2, 2016).
- By using technology, students develop new ways to facilitate problem-solving and decision-making" (p.2, 2016).
- Students understand the how to safely, legally and properly use technology in the digital world (pg.1, 2016).
- Students will use the power of technology to achieve personal goals and improve their learning abilities and outcomes. (pg. 1, 2016)
- Students use technology to expand their worldly perspective and gain more knowledge through collaboration with others locally and globally (p.2, 2016)
Learning and Technology Policy Framework
- Educators develop, maintain and apply their knowledge and abilities with technology to use it properly while teaching (p.4, 2013).
- Educators in a leadership role must obtain policies and governance structures and build technology into the curriculm to create student-centered learning and efficiency within the system (p.5, 2013)
Research and Innovation
- Educators read, review, share, participate, apply their research to advance and sustain innovation in education (p.3, 2013).
Access, Infrastructure and Digital Learning Environments
- Everyone, including teachers, students, administrators have access to technology such as devices, strong and fast networks and overall digital learning environments within the school (p.6, 2013).
- Technology supports and practices student-centerer, personlazied and authentic learning for every student (p. 2, 2013).