Technology Standards for Education (ISTE Standards for Students (Knowledge…
Technology Standards for Education
ISTE Standards for Students
- students can sort through information and find the most important ideas as well as make
to their own lives to help them better understand material.
- students will choose the most appropriate tools to
content to their intended audience
- students will
to expand their knowledge and understandings as well as gain new perspectives on topics.
- students maintain
when using technology and display
practices when dealing with a
- students are able to analyze data and use it to
come to their own conclusions
ISTE Standards for Teachers
Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
- teachers promote students to explore and reflect on material using digital tools to allow them to gain a
of course content.
Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
- teachers develop new learning opportunities for students to learn using technology that will assist in the
student's unique individual learning style
Model Digital Age Work and Learning
demonstrate a proficient understanding
of how technology works and is able to transfer than knowledge to their students, as well as communicate using digital tools to their student's as well as their parents and community.
Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility
- teachers display safe practices while using technology, as well as teaches their student's how to use
, responsibly, and appropriately. This includes teaching proper ethical practices online so that students can properly collaborate within a
Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership
- teachers actively participate in the local and global learning communities to expand their knowledge pertaining to
new technological devices
as well as learning how to infuse technological practices into their classroom.
Learning and Technology Policy Framework
- students are able to synthesize data found through digital devices and come to their own conclusions and understandings of material to create a personalized meaningful connection to course material.
Research and Innovation
- teachers are continually learning
new technological practices
as well as participating in research that they can add to their classroom to enhance student's learning opportunities.
- teachers are digitally
prepared to teach and demonstrate
to their students how to effectively use technology and use technology in a way that can best serve to each individual student's needs.
- teachers have a clear understanding of technology policies and use them effectively to
support student-centred learning
Access, Infrastructure and Digital Learning Environments
- students, teachers, and other education professionals have access to digital tools and technology to enhance the learning experience of the students.
ICT Program of Studies
Students will use technology to aid collaboration during inquiry -
students will be able to collaborate with their peers using electronic sharing such as shared folders or online
Students will use electronic research techniques to construct personal knowledge and meaning
students will use use technology to connect information to their daily lives
as well as be able to find the most valuable points that further their understanding.
Students will demonstrate a moral and ethical approach to the use of technology
- students will follow school policies as well as demonstrate
behaviours when in a
Students will use communication technology to interact with others
- Students are able to communicate with peers and general public through an electronic device. This can include
on school centred projects including gathering data via electronic communication.
Students will use technology to investigate and/or solve problems
- Students are able to use technology to lead them through
in the classroom and
come to their own conclusions
based on their findings.