Technology Standards in Education (ISTE Standards for Teachers 2008…
Technology Standards in Education
ISTE Standards for Teachers 2008
Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity
- Teachers will encourage creativity by getting their students to solve problems using technology.
Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments
- Teachers will incorporate technology into lessons and assessments.
Model Digital Age Work and Learning
- Teachers will display knowledge of technology to effectively teach their students.
Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility
- Teachers will model ethical digital citizenship and be a part of the global community.
Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership
- Teachers will continue to learn about technological advancements that can be used to meet educational needs.
ISTE Standards for Students 2016
- Students understand the importance of being responsible and ethical digital citizens.
- Students can accurately determine sources and research information.
- Students develop questions that can be answered using technology to advance their problem-solving skills.
- Students use technology to express themselves creatively.
- Students become more open-minded to global perspectives by communicating and learning with others.
Learning and Technology Policy Framework
- Student will use technology to advance their learning by becoming ethical digital citizens, efficient researchers, and creative individuals.
Research and Innovation
- Teachers will stay up to date on the latest education research regarding technology.
- Teachers are prepared to educate students about and with technology to meet students' needs.
- Education framework supports the use of technology towards Student-Centered learning in innovative ways.
Access, Infrastructure, and Digital Learning Environments
- Students, Teachers, and Administrators will all have access to suitable technology to meet education needs.
ICT Program of Studies
- Students will use technology to further their research and obtain knowledge.
- Students will communicate with others through technology.
- Students will use technology in an ethical manner.
- Students will use technology to advance their problem-solving skills.
- Students will be aware of technology uses in personal and professional environments.