Inflammatory Bowl Disease
A Coggle Diagram about 2nd Glucocorticoids
transcription of No
oxygenase- 2 (cox-2).
-acute flares of disease (moderate
& severe active IBD) not effective
-antiemetic during cancer
-immunosuppressive drug for
organ transplants, 4th Monoclonal antibodies used in IBD (TNF-α inhibitors) (suffix mab), 1st Amino salicylic acid compounds(5-AsA) or aminosalicylate :
MOA Have topical anti-inflammatory * action due to:
● inhibition of prostaglandins and leukotrienes.
● decrease neutrophil chemotaxis.
● Antioxidant activity (scavenging free radical production).
5-ASA itself is absorbed from the proximal small intestine.
● Different formulations are used to overcome rapid absorption of 5-ASA
from the proximal small intestine.
● All aminosalicylates are used for induction and maintenance (
prophylaxis) of re and Immunomodulators
Are used to induce remission in IBD in active or severe conditions or steroid dependent or steroid resistant Patients and to maintain remission