Questionnaire Design :!?:
A Coggle Diagram about (3) Measurement (a) and Scaling (b, Type of attributes / characteristics, (1) Closed versus open questions :check: :red_cross:
, (2) Question wording: do’s and don'ts, (6) Questionnaire testing, COARSE or C-OAR-SE , (4) Sequence of questions, Issues in questionnaire design.
Once you have determined what type of attribute:
Closed versus open questions (1)
Question wording (2)
Measurement and Scaling (3)
Sequence of questions (4)
Layout decisions (5)
Questionnaire testing (6), (5) Layout can make a difference!
Smart ‘Butterfly’ ballot form for year 2000 US-president elections and How to keep them going? And how to keep them from going?
● About 10-40% of respondents quits halfway during filling in internet questionnaire
● Large number of drop-outs at grid questions (e.g., block of Likert-scale items, semantic-differential scale items)
What to do about it?
● Questionnaire should (preferably) not take more than 11 minutes
● Show gratitude
● Include pictures, sounds, movies
● Show progress towards the end
● Make it easy
● In-person after all?