Culture Definition: Culture is the art traditions and anything else that make a person who they are.
A Coggle Diagram about Art (USA Example: The United State's arts culture extends beyond movies and television shows, though. New York is home to Broadway, and Americans have a rich theatrical history. American folk art is an artistic style and is identified with quilts and other hand-crafted items. American music is very diverse with many, many styles, including rhythm and blues, jazz, gospel, country and western, bluegrass, rock 'n' roll and hip-hop. , Greece Example: Ancient Greek art emphasized the importance and accomplishments of human beings. Even though much of Greek art was meant to honor the gods, those very gods were created in the image of humans. and Germany Example: Germans have made tremendous contributions to classical music, and the traditions of famous German or Austrian composers such as Johann Sebastian Bach, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Ludwig von Beethoven, Johannes Brahms, Richard Wagner and Gustav Mahler live on today.), Traditions (Germany Example:One tradition that is big in Germany is Oktoberfest. Oktoberfest is a traditional festival that lasts two weeks. The importance of the origin of the celebration allowed it to become a part of German tradition. People dress in traditional clothing, and enjoy music, dancing, and drinking. Now, it has become a celebration of beer that draws people from all over the world., Greece Example: In Greece, Easter is the most important holiday to the Greeks. According to the Orthodox tradition, the symbolic red Easter eggs are dyed on Holy Thursday. Greeks believe that the Virgin Mother, Mary, dyed eggs this color (the color of blood) to celebrate the Resurrection of Christ and life. and USA Example: One of America's main traditions is Holidays like Labor Day and Memorial Day. Memorial Day, celebrated on the last Monday in May, honors those who have died in military service. Labor Day, observed on the first Monday in September, celebrates country’s workforce.), Religion (Germany Example: About 65% to 70% of Germany's population are followers of the Christian religion. The other percent of the population are more or less evenly split between the mainstream denominations of Lutheran-Protestantism and Calvinism united in the EKD (Evangelical Church in Germany) and the Roman Catholic Church. , Greece Example: In Greece, 98% of the population is Christian Orthodox. The other 2% of the population consists of Muslims, Jewish, and Catholic.The Orthodox Church forms the third largest branch of Christianity, after the Roman Catholics and the Protestants. and USA Example: The United States remains home to more Christians than any other country in the world, and a large majority of Americans roughly seven-in-ten continue to identify with some branch of the Christian faith. The United States also has other religions like Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism.), Government (Germany Example: In Germany, they have a government called the Federal Republic. They have a President (Joachim Gauck) and a Chancellor (Angela Merkel). A federal Government is a system that divides up power between a strong national government and smaller local governments., Greece Example: In Greece, they have a government called the Constitutional Republic. They have a prime minister and his name is Alexis Tsipras. A Constitutional Republic Government is a state where the officials are elected as representatives of the people, and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over citizens. and USA Example: In the USA, they have a government called the Liberal Democracy. The president in the U.S is Brock Obama/Donald Trump. A Liberal Democracy is a form of government in which representative democracy operates under the principles of liberalism, i.e. protecting the rights of the individual, which are generally enshrined in law.) and Language (Germany Example: The official language of Germany is German. More than 95 percent of the population speaks German as their first language, according to Angelo State University's Center for International Studies. , Greece Example: In Greece the official language is Greek. Modern Greek is a descendant of Proto-Greek, the ancestor of the ancient Greek dialects that were spoken in different areas of Greece before the 4th century BC and which were gradually replaced by a variety of Greek called Common Greek or Koine (κοινή) based on the Attic dialect spoken around Athens. and USA Example: In the U.S There is no official language of the United States, according to the U.S. government. While almost every language in the world is spoken in the United States, Spanish, Chinese, French, and German are among the most frequently spoken non-English languages. Ninety percent of the U.S. population speaks and understands at least some English, and most official business is conducted in English.)