A Coggle Diagram about The Sovereign Counci
and Bishop of Quebec
- Most Seigneurs are men from noble families
- The seigneurs had to build a house for themselves and their family.
- Seigneurs needed people to clear the land.
- In order to make a farm Habitats have to clear the lands, plant crops, and build a house
- Habitats almost always ended up in court with the Seigneurs because the did not do what they promised
- Some habitats neglected their farms because they found fur trade a easier way to make a living in New France.
), The Catholic Church/Clergy
, Fur Traders
(The fur trade consisted of different groups of people trading goods. When the fur trades first started the government allowed people independent trading, but then the government made independent trading illegal. During this time many people made money buy trading beaver pelts, furs, and they traded these for guns, knives, and pots.
) and SoldIers
(Many soldiers came to New France to defend the colony against the British and Haudenosaunee. The king offered Seigneurs to officers so that the military men would settle in New France. A way for men to make a living they usually chose a military career.