Maternity Leave (Types of legislations (Employment Act ( Singapore'…
(Types of legislations
, A period of approved absence that a female employee is granted with to give birth and take care of infant children.
, Maternity leave protections and obligations
, Maternity leave in special situations
- Allow women to take time to recover from their delivery
- Support women in coping with both the physiological and psychological demands of pregnancy such as childbirth and breastfeeding
- Enable working mothers to spend more time with their newborn
- Set out the procedure applicable to employees who are pregnant before, during and after confinement.
- A prospective mother have to give at least one week’s notice to her employer before the maternity leave, and inform her employer as soon as possible with regards to the delivery date.
- Birth of twins/triplets
- Premature birth
- Abortion or Miscarriage
- Falling sick during maternity leave