Factors that contribute to the smoking behavior among adolescent
A Coggle Diagram about Methods: (Mixed Method Research)
, Statement of Problems:
, Research objectives:
and Research questions:
) and Literature Review:
- Studies showed peer have potential influences in smoking behavior among adolescent (Valente et al., 2013).
- Peer eventually become role model to each other during adolescent hood. Since, the spent more time with peer and teenagers are more prefer to approach someone with similar or common characteristics and hobbies.
- However, previous studies showed correlation between peer and smoking behavior but cannot indicate the influential strength of peer to a smoking adolescent.
- Previous studies showed there are effective of anti-smoking campaign over media platform but to what extent is not measured.
5.Individual differences in perception to anti-smoking messages and personal susceptibility to smoking behavior are the limitations.
- Movie were stated as a strong influential factor for smoking behavior (Heatherton & Sargent, 2009). But lack of evident showed others media such as newspaper and social networking sites would have the same effectiveness.
- Age group is one of the variable that the previous studies have focused on but yet they just emphasis on adult but not adolescent where it is a group that high susceptibility on smoking.