QUALITY THEORY ( (POINT 8, POINT 9, POINT 7), (POINT 11, POINT 10), (…
. Put everybody in the company to work to accomplish the transformation • Everybody and every departments is responsible for quality
Create a consistency of purpose toward improvement of product and service with the aim to become competitive, stay in business and provide jobs
We are in a new economic age
• Change leadership
• Improve quality at reasonable price and service quality
Stop dependence on mass inspections to improve quality
• Quality must build at the source
• All departments have their responsibility to improve quality (design, purchasing, quality, production dept)
End the practice of awarding business on the basis of price tag alone.
• Many suppliers cause competitions, improve quality and decrease cost.
• However, overemphasis on costs and increase variability
• Single suppliers->long terms relations
Improve constantly and forever the system of production and service, to improve quality and productivity, and thus constantly decrease cost
Institute training on the job. For competence.
• Perform job require training and knowledge
• On job training
• Certification: Solder certification system
• QC tools training
A coherent (understand) group of general propositions (ideas) used as principles of explanation for a class of Phenomena
Drive out fear so that everyone may work effectively for the company
• Think problems is opportunity for improvement
. • Do not think workers, who surface and seek to improve as a trouble makers.
Break down barriers between departments • Research, Design, Production, Sales dept must work as team.
• Honda nearly bankrupted Yamaha in 1980s because model introduction frequently
• Slow design circle by sequential approach rather than parallel processing in focused team
Eliminate work standards on the factory floor
• Work standard is based for doing job
• Often work standard are implemented improperly
• Quantity override the quality
• Work standard will makes status quo because they already have satisfied the standards
Eliminate slogans, exhortations and targets for the workforce that ask for zero defects and new levels of productivity
• Low quality and productivity belong to system
• Managers should provide a good system for achieving higher performance.
• Good system: Training, empower employees and provide strategic structure.
• Supervision should help people, machines and tools to do better job
• Wide ranging improvement: upper management must be involved.
• Support monetary and organizational authority