How to stop worrying and start living (IV. Cultivate the right mental…
How to stop worrying and start living
I. Facts about worrying
1) Most worries about something in the past or future --> Worrying won't help
If in future: start doing something about it
In past: Focus on if/what you can do to reverse it, and do it
2) Most of time worry too much on a problem
What is the worst that can possibly happer?
Prepare yourself mentally to accept the worst
Calmy try to improve upon the worst
3) Extreme worry and nervous stress is tremendously damaging to your body
II. Analyzing worry
Step 1: Get the facts
Step 2: Weight all the facts and come to a decision
Step 3: Act accordingly
III. How to break the worry habit
Action 1: Get busy
Action 2: Don't permit small, petty things to ruin your life
Action 3: Weight the chances that this event you're worrying about will actually occur. They're probably really low.
Action 4: Co-operate with the inevitable
Action 5: Set a red line/"stop-loss order" to avoid worries to affect you any further
Action 6: You wan't change what already happened. You can only make things worst by worrying.
IV. Cultivate the right mental attitude
1) Our life is what our thoughts make it --> act cheerfully and you will feel cheerful.
2) Don't waste time thinking about people you don't like, you will only hurt yourself.
3) Don't worry about ingratitude, it's inevitable.
4) Look at the best side of every event, allows you to enjoy what you have.
5) Don't imitate others, be yourself.
6) If you get a lemon, make a lemonade --> What can I learn? How can I improve the situation?
7) Create happiness for others / be people oriented, ask yourself everyday "How can I please someone today?"
V. The way to conquer worry
Just don't give up, everything will turn out alright at some point.
VI. How to keep from worrying about criticism
Fact 1: Unjust criticism is a disguised compliment, people are jealous / full of envy
Fact 2: Develop a thick skin to criticism, will always be there
Fact 3: Criticize yourself first: keep a record of the foolish things you've done
Fact 4: Ask for unbiased, helpful and constructive criticism
VII. How to prevent fatigue and worry
Rule 1: Rest before you get tired
Rule 2: Learn to relax at work
Tip 1: Relax in odd moments, become an old sock
Tip 2: Work in a confortable position and conscientlty relax your muscles
Tip 3: Often ask yourself: Am i making my work harder than it is?
Tip 4: At the end of the day, ask yourself: How tured am I?
Rule 3: Apply these good working habits
1) Clear your desk of all papers except the ones regarding the question at hand
2) Do things in order of their importance
When facing a problem, solve it immediatly if you have the facts necessary to take a decision
Learn to organize, deputize and supervise
Rule 4: To prevent worry and fatigue, put enthusiasm into your work
Rule 5: Stop worrying about insomnia