PEB Landforms and beneath our feet. (Awa (Tahaenui (), Nuhaka, Kopuawhara,…
PEB Landforms and beneath our feet.
Mangaone region limestone and caves
Moumoukai Nuhaka limestone
Taupiri Mahia limestone
we are rising, we are young
sedimentary nature of our east coast
isthmus - tombola - peninsula - peninsular
water table water source artesian ground water bores spring
the covering- flora
EnviroSchool resources around this theme.
strata on sides of road cuttings
Strata on the sides of cliffs
earthquakes / fault lines / uplifting / tsunami
earth's mantle and plate tectonics
types of rocks: igneous, sedementary, metamorphic
Seasons and the Water Cycle.
Maoritanga...Rangi Papa Ruamoko... seven whales,
• Understand how cultural practices vary but reflect similar purposes.
• Understand how people view and use places differently.
• Understand how people make decisions about access to and use of resources.
• Understand how people remember and record the past in different ways.
• Understand how belonging to groups is important for people.
• Understand that natural and cultural environments have particular characteristics and how environments are shaped by processes that create spatial patterns.
Understand how people interact with natural and cultural environments and that this interaction has consequences.
GOOGLE SHARED DOC FOR RESOURCES
Nuhaka river valley soils enabling a wide variety of landuse.