Stromlo Day 1: Power Brownout (Erratic Lithium Beaconing when temperature…
Stromlo Day 1: Power Brownout
Erratic Lithium Beaconing when temperature of batteries was around 5-6 deg, not passing '10 successive beacon' unit test
Notice that satellite is constantly rebooting
Used UART command to turn off Lithium transmit, brownout stopped occurring
Noticed sporadic logging of battery voltage at 2.2V
Try to charge power through umbilical, current decreases very quickly, PSU displays charging current as quickly decreasing and not charging, also displays cell voltage as 2-3V
Not charging due to too low voltage/drop in umbilical cable? Increase voltage to 5.5V and wait for 30 minutes, also bring temperature in chamber back up
Voltage drop over umbilical is too much and the BMS doesn't charge?
Decrease umbilical voltage back to 5.35 and then run normal orbit routine, see if power balance is negative
1 more item...
BMS fault? Perhaps BMS has failed and will not recognise that the batteries are empty and need charging
Reduce current limit on PSU in order to use PSU to take a 'real' battery voltage reading by tying the supply to the battery voltage
2 more items...
Was there a failure due to the low temperature?
Load and booth currents both 0 for power path 1 :red_cross:
2 more items...
Did heating circuit ever kick in? Don't know because of no utilities data :question:
:skull::skull::skull:Eventually realised that large sudden changes in battery temperature readings is likely due to the fact that having umbilical plugged in pulled the battery voltages up to 3.7V (the reading for 90% of the time). The other 10% of the time we would see voltages from 2.5-3.5V and this coincided with Lithium beaconing aka when the cell was loaded