4.3.2 Use the following tools in windows server to manage the set of…
4.3.2 Use the following tools in windows server to manage the set of policies
a) Security configuration wizard (SCW)
a software program that allows administrators to easily change a server default security setting
SCW consists of three main computer a wizard interface , a command-line interface and a security configuration database
b) security configuration editor
the security configuration editor is MMC (Microsoft Management Console) snap in (an add-on component) that makes it possible to edit many of the security settings discussed in this chapter using a friendly GUI.
c) Active directory users and computer
1) Download and install one of the following depending on your version of windows
2) Right click the start button and choose "control panel"
3) select "Program"
4) From the "Program and Features" section "Turn Windows features on on or off"
5) Scroll down and expand the "remote server Administration tools" section
6) Expand "Role Administration Tools"
7) Expand " AD DS and LDS Tools"
8) Ensure that "AD DS Tools" is cjecked, then select "ok"
You should have an option "Administration Tools" on the start menu.
d) Group policy management console (GMPC)
1) Once you have installed it, restart your system and open Control Panel > Programs and Features.
2) From the left side, click on Turn Windows features On or Off.
3) The Windows Features box will open.
4) You will now see the under Remote Server Administration Tools entry and it will be checked by default.
5) Just confirm that Group Policy Management Tools check box is checked.
6) If it is not, then do so and click on OK.
7) You may need to wait for while, so that Windows can make changes to the system.
8) Once done, open Run box, type gpmc.msc and hit Enter to open the Group Policy Management Console.
9) Log in with a domain username to start using it