MIND AND BRAIN
download (INTRODUCTION (DANNY) (Misconcept -…
- The field of neuroscience & cognitive.
- Some believes that the left and right hemispheres of the brain should be taught separately to maximize the effective of learning.
- Other believes that brain grows in holistic spurt.
- Misconception, that some believes people use only 20% of their brain and should use more than that.
- And its lead to of finding that much of the cerebral cortex consists of "silent areas" that are not activated by sensory or motor activity.
- However, some researchers found that this "silent areas" is not connected by sensory or motor activity.
- New tools for studying the brain are PET & fMRI.
- brain development & mechanisms of learning have substantial implications for education & learning
- neurosciences has advanced > reserach information interpreted appropriately for educators practice
- several findings are clear & lead to the next research
- there are qualitatitve differences among kinds of learning opportunities
- the brains 'creates' informational experiences
4.Changes in brain structure underlie changes in the functional organization of the brain
- Experience and environment increases the overall functioning quality
of the brain
- Study conducted on rats to find out what happens to the brain during learning. This represents what happens in the human brain.
- It is proven through experiments that the brain which undergoes learning tends to have higher densities of blood vessels compared to the brain that does not undergo any sort of activity
- Memory processes divided into declarative memory and nondeclarative learning (procedural)
- Our brain will tell to reorder the events in sequence although the events happen in randomly.
- Brain will process true and false events equally at the same part of the brain without counts on the validity things that can be remembered
- Experience plays role in development of the brain structure.
- Brain is great extend by the experience.
- The "wiring diagram" of the brain is created through the formation of synapses where synapses transfer the information.
- There are five stages of brain development.
- Encoding (pertukaran maklumat) occurs either from short or long term memory. This begins from perception through the senses in the nervous systems.
- Critical development periods are when the individual is ready to learn, master the knowledge and develop new skill.
- People are not born with neural pattern so the brain will sort things out where experience changes how an individual think from time to time.