Database Management System (Introduction Database Concepts: ( ●…
Database Management System
Structured Query Language (SQL)
● Data Definition Commands, Data Manipulation commands, Data Control commands, Transaction Control Commands.
● Set and string operations, aggregate function - group by, having.
● Views in SQL, joins , Nested and complex queries, Integrity constraints :- key constraints, Domain Constraints, Referential integrity , check constraints
Entity–Relationship Data Model
● The Entity-Relationship (ER) Model: Entity types : Weak andstrong entity sets, Entity sets, Types of Attributes, Keys,
Relationship constraints : Cardinality and Participation, Extended
Introduction Database Concepts:
● Introduction, Characteristics of databases
● File system v/s Database system
● Users of Database system
● Data Independence
● DBMS system architecture
● Database Administrator
● Pitfalls in Relational-Database designs , Concept of normalization
● Function Dependencies , First Normal Form, 2nd , 3rd , BCNF,multi valued dependencies , 4NF.
Relational Model and relational Algebra
● Introduction to the Relational Model, relational schema and
● Mapping the ER and EER Model to the Relational Model
● Relational Algebra – unary and set operations, Relational Algebra Queries.
Definition : A database-management system (DBMS) is a computer-software application that interacts with end-users, other applications, and the database itself to capture and analyse data.
Transaction Management and Concurrency
● Transaction concept, Transaction states, ACID properties
● Concurrent Executions, Serializability – Conflict and View, Concurrency Control: Lock-based, Timestamp-based protocols.
● Recovery System: Failure Classification, Log based recovery, ARIES.checkpoint, Shadow Paging.
● Deadlock handling