1-5 performance (Topic 3: The Balanced Scorecard
To explain the basic…
(Topic 3: The Balanced Scorecard
- To explain the basic theoretical concepts and practical functions of the Balanced Scorecard (BSC) especially its implication on strategic performance management
- To assess and evaluate how the BSC can be used in supply chain management.
, Topic 2: Supplier and sourcing evaluation
- To discuss the behavioral implications of performance measurement and evaluation in the supply chain and network context
- To design, discuss and assess the use of different evaluation frameworks to assess and improve supplier performance;
, Topic 4: Activity-based costing and management
- To evaluate and discuss costing situations and techniques, and how costing approaches influence organizational knowledge and action.
- To design and use Activity-Based Costing (ABC) techniques to make supply network and supply relationship design decisions.
, Topic 5: Target costing
- To explain target costing and value engineering techniques, furthermore the relationship between supply chain management strategy, innovation and cost;
- To understand the conditions of emergence of target costing, and assess and discuss the impact on and between organizations.
, Topic 1: Performance management in supply chains and networks
- To describe the features of changing supply chains and networks
- To critically discuss the relationship between supply chains and networks and performance management and control.