A Coggle Diagram about SOFTWARE SYSTEM (DEFINITION : programs that control or maintain the operations of the computer and its devices, FUNCTION : serves as the interface between the user, the application software, and the computer's hardware. and 2 TYPES OF SYSTEM SOFTWARE :
1) Operating system
2) Utility Programs
), OPERATING SYSTEM (OS) (6 FUNCTIONS OF OPERATING SYSTEM (OS)
1) Start and shut down a computerr
2) Provide a user interface
3) Control a network
4) Manage memory
5) Monitor performance
6) Establish an internet connection, 3 TYPES OF OPERATING SYSTEM
1) Stand-alone OS
2) Server OS
3) Mobile OS
and DEFINITION : a set of programs containing instructions that work together to coordinate all the activities among computer hardware resources.), UTILITY PROGRAMS (7 TYPES OF UTILITY PROGRAMS
1) File manager
2) Compression tools
3) Anti-virus program
4) Spyware remover
5) Disk defragmenter
6) Disk clean up
7) Back-up and restore utility
and FUNCTION OF UTILITY PROGRAMS :
Allows a user to perform maintenance-type tasks.) and DEFINITION SOFTWARE
= a series of instructions that tells a computer what tasks to perform and how to perform them
DESCRIPTION to related terms of software
1) Proprietary Software : privately owned and limited to a specific vendor or computer model and need yearly license.
2) Open Source Software : software which can be used, modified and improved by anyone and can be redistributed freely.
3) Shareware : copyrighted software that is distributed at no cost for a trial period.
4) Freeware : copyrighted software provided at no cost by an individual or a company that retains all rights to the software.