Working in a professional environment: tutorial overview
A Coggle Diagram about PROFESSIONAL
LEGISLATION & REGULATIONS:warning:
, WEEK 4 TUTORIAL
Unseen case studies.
Task::pencil2: review a variety of scenarios to consider ethical best practice and how to comply with the regulations.
, WEEK 4 LEARNING OUTCOMES :check:
- Identify ethical principles (including CSR) and other key regulations all individuals involved in the provision of legal services must adhere to (including Code of Conduct and Money Laundering Regs)
- Analyse the relevant ethical provisions relating to your area of practice
- Using your employer's policies, make observations as to where to seek advice (both internally and externally if necessary) and the procedures to follow in the event of a breach of policy
- Categorise the consequences of breach of the relevant regulations (eg disciplinary issues, complaints to ombudsman, poor publicity, loss of clients)
- Examine how you will comply with your personal regulatory requirements (eg ways to stay up to date, in house/external training, email updates etc)
, PRE TUTORIAL PREPARATION:pencil2:
- Sign up to a weekly email update in your area of law (PLC is a useful tool). If you are currently in a support/administrative team, please sign up to a general commercial update)
- Locate and read your employer's policies on: money laundering, Know Your Client checks, CSR; any additional policies relating to your area of practice. Further optional reading - Clifford Chance CSR Report.
- Complete online MCQs
, WEEK 4 PREPARATION:pencil2:
- Listen to lectures (intro to key legislation and regulations; intro to professional ethics, CSR, and the nature of the sol/client relationship)
- Read: article about fare evading barrister; relevant extract from Legal Ethics (Jonathan Herring); induction notes from Introduction to Business Ethics
, POST TUTORIAL:pencil2:
- Online consolidation MCQs.
- Reflect on the LOs for Week 4 and ensure they have been achieved.
- Record 2 – 3 sentences in your portfolio based on your reflections, demonstrating what you have learnt in Week 4.
, NEXT TIME- tutorial 5
Basic writing skills
and :silhouette:Law Society