Problem 4: Aha (nailing it)
A Coggle Diagram about
- restructuring of problem essential to finding solution
mental set #
, focused thinking
and unfocused thinking
- domain specific knowledge
(right hemisphere associated with connecting weakly related elements → insight
- esp. anterior cingulate cortex
- Reverberi, Toraldo, D’Agostini, and Skrap (2005) argued that the lateral frontal cortex is the part of the brain involved in imposing constraints on individuals’ processing when confronted by an insight problem.
(well-defined problemsill-defined problems
problem space hypothesis, Gestalt, insight, means ends analysis, mental set, functional fixedness, expertise,
creativity, Newell and Simon, Anderson, Ericsson
- are there subconcious processes involved?
- or do we forget constraints?
- small but significant effects!
- stronger creative tasks with many solutions
- sleep helps