What is water shortage
A Coggle Diagram about Hydrological cycle
, Refers to the continuous movement of water from the earth's surface to the atmosphere and back again
- Water droplets gather together to form clouds. When clouds become too heavy they fall to the ground as rain. This process is called percipitation.
- At cooler temperatures, water vapour becomes water vapour becomes water droplets through condensation.
- Water that falls onto the ground may seep into the soil. This is called infiltration. Water that is contained in the soil and the underlying rocks becomes groundwater.
- Heat causes water from water bodies and surface layers of soil to change to water vapour. This is called evaporation. Plants lose water vapour through their leaves this is known as transpiration
- Water that is not absorbed into the ground flows over the earth's surface. This water is known as surface runoff.
and Water is a renewable source that can be naturally replenished.
), Domestic use (8%)
), Economic use
), Water shortage
(Occurs when the level of water usage exceeds the water supply available
and Water is being used at a rate faster than it can be replenished due to the country's growing population
) and Water footprint
(Measures the amount of water used by individuals, households, businesses and countries