CHAPTER 3 : BANKING SERVICES
A Coggle Diagram about CREDIT CARDS
(Applying for a credit cards
, What Is A Credit Card And How It Works?
, Factors to consider when getting a credit card
, Application Process (*Applying for a credit card)
, Understanding the Charges Applicable For Credit Card
, Tips On How To Minimise Your Credit Card Charges
, Preventing Credit Card Fraud
, a) Safeguard your credit card
, b) Check your credit card transactions
and • A credit card is a convenient payment mode as it can be readily used for making purchases at merchant outlets.
• However, if you do not use your credit card carefully or settle your monthly statements on time, you may owe more than you can repay and find yourself having financial problems.
(Elements of a cheque
, Types of Cheque
, A cheque is a Bill of Exchange drawn on a specified banker and not expressed to be payable otherwise than on demand
, Three (3) parties to a cheque: i) the issuer of a cheque (account holder)is called the „drawer‟.ii) The person directed to pay (paying bank) is the „drawee‟ iii) The person named in the instrument, to whom or to whose order the money is, by the instrument directed, to be paid, is called the „payee‟. Also called the beneficiary.
, A cheque must be in writing and duly (properly) signed by the drawer. • It contains an unconditional order.
• It is issued on a specified banker only. • The amount specified is always certain and must be clearly mentioned both in figures and words. • The payee is always certain.• It is always payable on demand.• The cheque must bear a date, otherwise it is invalid and shall not be honoured by the bank.
and Parts of ChequeA cheque shall contain:check:
• A cheque is generally valid for six months after the date of issue unless otherwise indicated, but this varies depending on where the cheque is drawn.
- place of issue
- cheque number
- account number MICR (Magnetic Ink Character Recognition)
- date of issue
- amount of currency
- signature of the drawer
), INTERNET BANKING
(What Is Needed To Do Internet Banking?
, Banking Services Available Online
, Is Internet Banking Safe?
, Actions you should take to ensure security
and • Internet Banking allows you to manage your finances from home, work or from just about anywhere in the world.
• Internet banking provides a fast and convenient way of performing common banking transactions on the Internet.
• Currently, only banking institutions licensed under the Banking and Financial Institutions Act 1989 and the Islamic Banking Act 1983 are allowed to offer Internet Banking services in Malaysia.
), ELECTRONIC BANKING
), TYPES OF BANKS
, Retail Bank
and Commercial Bank
), BANKING SERVICES
( A bank is to be a business that safeguards, transfer, exchanges and lends money to firms that qualify
and Banks provide a multitude of financial services of many types beyond the traditional practices of holding deposit and lending money.
) and TYPES OF ACCOUNT
and Saving Account