TYPES OF ACCOUNTS (Current Account)
A Coggle Diagram about
- As a current account holder, you will be able to make
, Your responsibilities as an account holder:
, Who can open a current account?
- A current account is a deposit account available at all banking institution in Malaysia and can be used for either personal or business purposes.
- A current account holder is allowed to use cheques as a way to make payments.
- Different banking institutions have different requirement for opening a current account. Therefore, it is advisable that you seek and compare what each bank has to offer before opening up a current account.
, Requirements to open a current account:1) You must be physically present at the bank.
2) You need an introducer acceptable to the bank. This is to enable the bank to obtain references on you. Normally, the introducer is an existing customer or someone known to the bank.
3)You need to provide certain identification documents such as your identity card or driving license to substantiate your identity.
4) You need to put an initial deposit as specified by your bank.
- You will also receive free monthly statements delivered to you.
- These statements will help you keep records of all deposits and withdrawals that you've made and calculate the current balance.