Romeo & Juliet
form,structure & language
A Coggle Diagram about LANGUAGE - the words a writer uses and what impact they have.
- What words does he use?
- What effect does this have?
- Does he employ any language devices in his writing?
- For example: metaphor, imagery, alliteration, pathetic fallacy etc.
- The form of Romeo and Juliet is a play.
- Plays are meant to be performed by actors and watched by an audience. This is really important and you must remember that Shakespeare was meant to be performed, to be seen. This will be really useful for your analysis.
, The play is also a tragedy.
A Shakespearean tragedy is a type of play that normally results in the main protagonists' deaths in tragic circumstances.
and FORM - the name of the text type that the writer uses e.g. adverts, scripts, sonnets, novels etc.
- The form of a text is important because it shows the writer's intentions, characters or key themes.
- In this case, we are looking at the play form and how Shakespeare manipulates the audience.
) and STRUCTURE - how the plot is ordered and put together for the reader